From PhD to business idea (Doctoral Candidates & Postdocs+)
08. & 14. November 2023, each from 09:00 am - 12:00 am
Zapf-Gebäude, Haus 1, großer Besprechungsraum
Trainer: Markus König
Registration: 08 October 2023 until 28 October 2023
Deregistration: until 28 October 2023
for members of the University of Bayreuth Graduate School via BayDOC
for Postdocs+ (= postdocs, habilitation candidates and junior professors (with and without tenure track) & junior research group leaders between habilitation and junior professorship) via WiN-UBT portal
From PhD to business idea“ is a workshop where the participants are going to learn as to how they can create a business idea based on their research. Using real-world examples and interactive group phases, we are going to discuss the steps that you have to take to create (viable) business ideas. Participants are going to learn about the Design Thinking Approach and use it do design innovative solutions and prototypes based on their research.
During this workshops we are going to answer the following questions:
- What is a business opportunity and why do I need to itentify one to turn my research into a start-up?
- What specific problem statement can be derived from my research and how can I create viable (business) ideas to solve it?
- Who are potential customers that I need to target with my ideas? What are their needs and expectations?
- How can I create my first prototype and how could one look like based on my business idea?
- What is a business model and how do I create it?
Join us for this workshop and experience the process of how you can transform your research into a business idea following the Design Thinking Process!
*Creditability within the kick-off seminar
For reasons of respect and fairness towards all participants and the workshop leaders, participants who miss more than 10% of the workshop are considered not to be present. You will therefore not receive a certificate and you will not be able to use the workshop in question to unlock funds or acquire further qualifications.
Before you register, please confirm with your supervisor/employer that you are free to participate in the course on that date.